Sunshine Kaidi New Energy Group, one of the leading bio energy companies in China, is planning a biofuel refinery investment project, an investment of one billion euros to Finland.
- To date there is no biofuel plant that could create advanced biofuel from wood-based feedstock.
- New pilot projects are needed for the development of renewable energy technologies.
- European Union is striving to achieve ambitious energy and climate targets by 2030, including 6,8% mandate for advanced biofuels and biogas in the transport sector.
Project Goals and Results
- The technology used in the biorefinery is globally unique and the planned facility will prove that high-quality biodiesel can be produced from woody biomass.
- The plant produces >200,000 metric tons of biofuels per year.
- The output of the plant will be 75% biodiesel and 25% biogasoline.
Key project Characteristics
- The new second generation biofuel refinery is planned to be built in Ajos, Kemi.
- The second generation biofuel refinery project is the largest single investment (1 B€) to Finland from a foreign company in history.
- Schedule for the project:
- Plant operational by end of 2019
- Assists Kaidi in financial, permitting, feedstock and other strategic arrangements enabling a successful entrance to the European markets
- Pekka Koponen, Founder and CEO of Spinverse Group, acts as an advisor to Kaidi Finland.